On Tue, Aug 25, 2020 at 01:38:20PM -0600, Theo de Raadt wrote:
| What you are doing wasn't the purpose of the time field.  It was added
| only for time sensors, and it looks like someone added it to other
| sensors.  And now it must suddenly be for all of them??

Sorry - I may have introduced some confusion.  As far as I can tell,
no other sensor drivers touch the tv member outside of

- gpiodcf
- hypervic
- vmmci
- vmt
- udcf

(all time sensors)

| Collecting the microtime on every sensor read, on every time through
| the processing loop, is not free.

That makes sense; I wasn't expecting it to be free (I'm adding code)
but I also didn't look at the actual cost.

I've deleted my changes and will reconsider the options for what I was
originally doing in userland :)

Thanks,

Paul

                 http://www.weirdnet.nl/