On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 12:16:16AM +0100, Tobias Heider wrote:
> the diff below makes the brightness keys work on apple powerbooks > 5,6
> where the keyboard attaches via ukbd(4).
> I'm wondering if it would be better to go through wskbd as is done with
> audio, but we don't have keycodes allocated for brightness up/down.
Running the latest snapshot on my PowerBook5,8 the keys do not work,
neither does `wsconsctl display.brightness=50' or so.

Testing this before your diff, I noticed that the sensor values change
each time I print them (random stack garbage?), same thing when setting
values, i.e. setting brightness to 50 as above shows something like this

        display.brightness -> 0.23948792%

Applying your diff changes nothing for me.