On Sun, Jan 03, 2021 at 11:16:00AM +0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> What are you thinking would be stolen? The certificates themselves
> are public knowledge anyway - they are sent in full whenever someone
> connects to your TLS-based service and are available from Certificate
> Transparency log servers (https://crt.sh etc) - but they are useless
> without the private key.

That's exactly what concerns me. I rent servers. Physical access always
breaks security if someone really wants to. If it wasn't so insane in
the Big Tech companies right now, I would only place my paranoia with
some bad guy in the server room.
But I have two sites that just have copies of the US and Texas
Declarations of Independence, The US Constitution, Hammarabi's legal
code and just stuff like that. Nothing with any opinions.
I also walk past small shops permanently out of business every day, so I
find it tough not to be a little paranoid.

I do keep all my sites with DNSSEC. Except this one. As I tried to move
it, I found all kinds of restrictions on sites with endings like .us
IMO, really stupid, but oh well. Going to try to move it again next
couple of days. I really don't maintain bennettconstruction.us, it's
just sentimental value for me and what was.

Chris