On Thu, Jan 07, 2021 at 04:11:47PM +0000, Job Snijders wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 08, 2021 at 03:43:18PM +0100, Claudio Jeker wrote:
> > rpki-client is currently very strict about the ip ranges and as ranges in
> > certificates. If a child certificate has a uncovered range in its list it
> > is considered invalid and is removed from the pool (with it all the ROA
> > entries as well).
> >
> > Now rfc8360 relaxes this a bit and mentions that a ROA for 192.0.2.0/24
> > is valid if that prefix is covered in all certs in the chain.
>
> RFC 8360 makes a lot of sense

Actually after closer inspection RFC 8360 only relaxes this for a new form
of certs that include new types of certificate policy, ip address ranges
and as number ranges types. So this diff is not correct and I probably
need to work on proper RFC 8360 support (even though it seems no CA is
using RFC 8360 ids right now).

--
:wq Claudio