On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 02:26:34PM -0500, Bryan Steele wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 07:00:57PM +0100, Marcus Glocker wrote:
> > On Fri, 15 Jan 2021 22:41:13 +0100
> > Marcus Glocker <mar...@nazgul.ch> wrote:

> > > I think that could be an XXX workaround until somebody finds a proper,
> > > generic fix for hid_is_collection() ...
> >
> > That's what you meant, yes?
>
> Yep, this is what I meant. Hopefully it won't have to stay for long, but
> t would be nice to get ujoy(4) working as many controllers as possible
> so that it can go in.
>
> Can you send a new full diff thfr@? I still need to test with my USB
> SNES controller, but tentatively this is still ok brynet@
>
> -Bryan.

Yep, works fine with my generic USB SNES controller, tested with
usbhidctl -f /dev/ujoy/0 -l, shows all button presses.

uhidev4 at uhub0 port 12 configuration 1 interface 0 "vendor 0x0810 usb
gamepad" rev 1.00/1.06 addr 2
uhidev4: iclass 3/0, 1 report id
ujoy0 at uhidev4 reportid 1: input=7, output=0, feature=0

I think this is ready to go in. :-)

-Bryan.