On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 10:53:09AM +1000, David Gwynne wrote:
> > Are you sure that it does not break any use case?  I have seen so
> > much strange stuff.  What is the advantage?
>
> The current behaviour is lucky at best, and quirky at worst. Usually I
> would agree with you that breaking stuff isn't great, even if it's
> wrong, but while I'm changing how route-to etc works I think it's
> a good chance to clean up some of these edge cases.

I have been developping products based on pf edge cases for 15
years.  I don't know which dragons are in our codebase.  This should
not prevent improvements in OpenBSD.  I am just asking not to remove
anything just because we currently don't know, how it can be used.

Changing syntax like address@interface can easily be adpted.  Slight
semantic changes may cause debugging sessions on productive customer
systems.  And then we might need a quick new solution for a previously
existing feature.  So please be careful.

bluhm