On Fri, Feb 05, 2021 at 07:17:09PM +0100, Gr??goire Jadi wrote:
> Helg <helg-open...@iinet.net.au> writes:
>
> Hi,
>
> > I currently only have a port of the 2.x branch of libfuse (attached) but
> > will also port the 3.x libfuse once I have user mounting working. I am
> > not aware of any ports other than the latest version of sshfs that
> > depends on 3.x. In any case, we will need to support libfuse 2.x for
> > some time until all file systems are updated upstream to work with 3.x.
> >

> I can't comment for the rest of your work, but borgbackup seems to
> prefer libfuse 3.x

Thanks for letting me know. borgbackup is an example of a port that will
benefit from this work. Are you suggesting that I should not commit
until libfuse3 has also been ported? Even thought it's not actively
maintained, llfuse could be ported in the meantime to enable FUSE
functionality in borgbackup..