On Wed, Feb 10 2021, Martin Pieuchot <m...@openbsd.org> wrote:

[...]

> Which fields is the new lock protecting?  Why isn't the KERNEL_LOCK()
> enough?

When I mentioned this potential lack of locking to Marcus, I was
mistaken.  Some of the functions in video.c are called from syscalls
that are marked NOLOCK.  But now that I have added some printf
debugging, I can see that the kernel lock is held in places where
I didn't expect it to be held (videoioctl, videoread, videoclose...).
So there's probably a layer of locking that I am missing.

Marcus, sorry for my misleading diff. O:)

*crawls back under his rock*
--
jca | PGP : 0x1524E7EE / 5135 92C1 AD36 5293 2BDF  DDCC 0DFA 74AE 1524 E7EE