Peter J. Philipp [p...@delphinusdns.org] wrote:

> Before:
> pvbus0 at mainbus0: Hyper-V 10.0
> hyperv0 at pvbus0: protocol 4.0, features 0x2e7f
> hyperv0: heartbeat, kvp, shutdown, timesync
> hvs0 at hyperv0 channel 2: ide, protocol 6.2
>
> After:
>
> pvbus0 at mainbus0: Hyper-V 10.0
> hyperv0 at pvbus0: protocol 4.0, features 0x2e7f
> TIME_REFCNT,SYNIC,SYNTIMER,APIC
> ,HYPERCALL,VP_INDEX,GUEST_IDLE
> hyperv0: pm features 0x2
> hyperv0: features3 0xbed7b2 ,XMM_HYPERCALL3,GUEST_IDLE3,NUMA3,TIME_FREQ3
> hyperv0: heartbeat, kvp, shutdown, timesync
> hvs0 at hyperv0 channel 2: ide, protocol 6.2
>
> Below is patch, what do you think?  Is it worthy?

If you're going to print flags for some unsupported features, why
not print them all?

The 'features3' line doesn't look clean

Typically uppercase flags like this are formatted like <FLAG,FLAG_2,ETC>

In any event, I'm not sure what benefit this brings. Doesn't
"hyperv0: heartbeat, kvp, shutdown, timesync" already show what features
are in use?

I imagine it might be interesting to know what features are available but
not in use. Is there a command-line utility that could be extended to show
this info?

Chris