Hello David,

</snip>

> during the drive to work it occurred to me that we should basically have
> the same logic around whether we should insert or replace or do nothing
> in both the smr and mutex critical sections.
>
> it at least makes the code easier to understand. i think?

    yes, the new diff is easier to reads. I would not call it dumb, just
    'easier to read' sounds more appropriate.

    I think combination of ebt_find() and ebt_insert() (price doubles, when
    inserting a new entry) is acceptable cost for extra diagnostic panic.
    We can always change it later. I'm OK if it will get committed as-is.

OK sashan