You've made a pretty big assumption there.

When we see something we don't think is important, we delete the
email and carry on with more important things.

You think hand-tuning this one paragraph is going to reduce the amount
of mail we delete because it doesn't matter?  It won't.

A large number of inaccurate documentation problems in the world can be
solved by deleting the innacurate documentation rather than trying to fine-tune
it to be more accurate for the moment, until it becomes inaccurate again.
In truth, noone cares about this paragraph.   It has been perceveived as
a promise.  We don't need to make statements people perceive as promises.