Le Wed, Oct 20, 2021 at 07:43:36AM +0200, Anton Lindqvist a écrit :
> Hi,
> landry@ reported that he ended up with the wrong encoding in X11 while
> having a ucc keyboard attached and /etc/kbdtype being present. The
> advertised encoding of a wsmux is a bit fragile as the last attached
> device will dictate it. If this happens to be a ucc keyboard, KB_US will
> always be the advertised encoding as its encoding is immutable and
> /etc/kbdtype is ignored.
>
> Instead, do not advertise the encoding for ucc devices when the parent
> mux queries its attached devices. However, asking the device directly
> (i.e. bypassing the mux) still returns the encoding as wsconsctl(8)
> would otherwise report an error.
>
> Comments? OK?

fwiw i've tested this diff on my workplace desktop with a us kbd and a fr
kbd both plugged in, /etc/kbdtype contains fr, and machdep.forceukbd=1.
without the diff, previously i ended up with a us mapping in xenodm, and
now i correctly have the fr mapping. i also tested that with
machdep.forceukbd=0 and without the diff, i got the correct fr mapping
too.
thanks !