UNIX does not let you get the path from an open file descriptor. It is not
possible to give this information reliably so you can't provide an API.
While a inode may exist a path to that inode may not. This is the case for
a file that is replaced or deleted while open.

Some systems give people a best effort interface but the failure cases are
there and people will introduce bugs because they do not expect them.
Having to figure out the filename of an fd is in most cases a design error
since the filename is known to the program that opens the fd.

--
:wq Claudio