David Goerger wrote in
 <yyc8b6qwehxgd...@ersa.daemonica.net>:
 |Sunday, 20220918 13:38+0000, Florian Obser wrote:
 |>I'm happy with that, let's do this then
 |>- fix the offset calculation
 |>- output tm->tm_zone in addition to TZ to be able to spot typos.
 |
 |I like the overall diff (thanks!), but one minor formatting nit is that
 |I believe it's more common under ISO 8601[1] to print UTC timezone
 |offset as "+/-%H%M", e.g. "-0400", not as "-4h00". At least, that's
 |what I'm familiar with in SMTP headers.
 |
 |Updated diff below, where only change from your latest diff is in the
 |second printw(3) statement. Tested against both TZ='America/New_York'
 |(-0400) and TZ='Asia/Kolkata' (+0530).
 |
 |Again, thanks for polishing this old "game"!

Only to mention that nothing prevents timezones from using second
offsets also.  This is a political thing, and the TZ DB even is
about to start supporting millisecond resolution (i think).
Anyhow, since you mentioned the SMTP standard, that was surely
an all american miss to go for +-HHMM instead of +-HHMMSS.
The CLOCK_TAI clock is off by only seconds.  (And someone wants to
use its own TZ file, surely atomic-whatever-genitals thus!)

--steffen