On Thu, 09 Feb 2023 at 11:51:19 +0100, Alexandr Nedvedicky wrote:
> I gave it a try after doing a sysupgrade to:
>
>     penBSD 7.2-current (GENERIC.MP) #1025: Wed Feb  8 19:16:09 MST 2023
>
> it still works for me as expected:
>     disk$ for i in `seq 5` ; do nc 192.168.2.175 22 & done
>     [1] 51566
>     [2] 78983
>     [3] 77864
>     [4] 37474
>     [5] 98599
>     disk$ SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_9.2
>     SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_9.2
>     SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_9.2
>
> my connection arrives over iwn0 interface which is in egress group
> so our environments are almost identical.

Ok now with the latest snapshot kernel I can no longer reproduce
this.  Maybe there was something unrelated in that snapshot that was
causing it.

I would still like to have it not fully open the new connection when
the max-src-* limit is reached rather than opening and closing, but
I guess that is a separate discussion to be had.

Thanks for looking into it though.