On Thu, 25 May 2023 06:54:08 +0100, Stuart Henderson wrote:

> > As Aisha pointed out, pkg_delete hints could be updated too.
>
> If that is done, pkg_delete would need to check whether the group will
> actually get removed i.e. make sure that no other user has been added
> to the group.

If pkg_delete is going to rely on userdel removing the group I think
I need to remove the "=uid" check in my userdel patch.  In other
words, the primary group will always be removed if it matches the
username, the uid and gid are the same and the group has no other
members.

That is also a lot easier to document.

 - todd