On Sat, Jun 24, 2023 at 08:15:40PM +0200, Omar Polo wrote:
> while talking about a related matter with tb and jsing, jsing noted
> that ssl_init() in smtpd is completely useless.  All its loading is
> already done automatically by libcrypto at runtime, and judging by the
> implementation of the called functions there's no need to actually
> force the initialization.
>
> There is similar code in relayd and iked, so apply the same treatment.
>
> I've tested smtpd and it works just as fine as before, don't use
> relayd but the regression suite is happy.  I don't use iked, so some
> testing with it is welcomed.  Not that I expect any sort of breakage,
> this is almost a no-op.

It is a noop. Before doing anything, both LibreSSL and OpenSSL libcrypto
will call OPENSSL_init_crypto(0, NULL) and libssl will do similar. This
will call all these initialization functions (it is a bit convoluted,
but it is the case).

ok tb

(I only meant iked diff should go to tech because I don't want to ok
things behind tobhe's back).