On Tue, Sep 19, 2023 at 09:48:25AM -0300, Crystal Kolipe wrote:
> deroff chokes when given lines > 2048 bytes, and produces non-deterministic
> output on little endian archs.
>
> Reproducer:
>
> $ jot -s '' -b blah 513 > /tmp/blah
> $ for i in 1 2 3 4 ; do deroff /tmp/blah | md5 ; done
> 2d8f4eebd61ed2a07101419169fc9997
> ae19be78a09e6b371787003bf76f5937
> 82b4bcea8510605bea2723ffc70c99b4
> 0ea7b0ddc76d2a280dd30cff6a69574e

Since you went to the trouble of reproducing the issue,
it would be great if you could turn that into a non-regression test
(deroff has none so far, but creating a new Makefile would be
comparatively easy, you just need to massage this into a Makefile
target that doesn't error our when the bug is fixed)

That might even entice people into writing more non-regression
tests :)

Thank you.

--
        Marc