Hi,

Today I upgraded to the brand new Squid version 6.3 from ports and noticed, that Squid no longer starts properly if configured with multiple worker processes.

After some debugging the limit from net.unix.dgram.sendspace came up as cause. The 2k default is way to low.
In ktrace I saw sendmessage calls with messages slightly over 4k.

Increasing this limit to 16k as net.unix.dgram.recvspace fixes the problem and Squid can start.

Perhaps this historically low limit should be adjusted accordingly?
All for all other Unix sockets, sendspace and recvspace share the same limits, just dgram sockets are out of line.

PS: Tested this with 7.3 but 7.4 seems to have the same limitations.

Greetings,
Matthias