On Wed, Feb 01, 2012 at 09:02:26PM +0000, Mark Shuttleworth wrote:
> On 31/01/12 09:55, Alan Bell wrote:
> > * Stuff gets added post-release with no pre-release testing, nowhere
> > to report bugs and contribute fixes on Launchpad etc. etc.)
>
> Good point, I thought bug reporting should be normal, and if it isn't,
> let's fix that.

I thought it was already, e.g.:

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/skype/+bugs

(Earlier in the thread, somebody referred to a bug about the namespacing
of this, which of course is tied into this thread.  That bug also has a
two-year-old comment saying that partner was due to move into a PPA or
PPAs; if that happened, the positioning in the bug system would
presumably change somehow although I have no idea how.)

I don't know to what extent bug mail goes anywhere useful, gets acted
on, etc.  However, ~canonical-partner-dev is subscribed:

  >>> ubuntu = lp.distributions["ubuntu"]
  >>> skype = ubuntu.getSourcePackage(name="skype")
  >>> [s.subscriber.name for s in skype.getSubscriptions()]
  [u'canonical-partner-dev', u'costamagnagianfranco']

It looks like ~canonical-partner-dev is subscribed to the majority of
packages in partner, although not quite all.  Posting the full list here
wouldn't be terribly interesting, but something like this doesn't take
too long to run:

  >>> for series_name in ('hardy', 'lucid', 'maverick', 'natty',
  ...                     'oneiric', 'precise'):
  ...     print series_name
  ...     series = ubuntu.getSeries(name_or_version=series_name)
  ...     pubs = partner.getPublishedSources(
  ...         distro_series=series, status="Published")
  ...     source_names = sorted([pub.source_package_name for pub in pubs])
  ...     for source_name in source_names:
  ...         source = ubuntu.getSourcePackage(name=source_name)
  ...         subs = source.getSubscriptions()
  ...         print "  %s: %s" % (
  ...             source_name, " ".join([s.subscriber.name for s in subs]))

--
Colin Watson                                       [cjwat...@ubuntu.com]