On Wed, Nov 04, 2020 at 05:35:42PM -0000, Ubuntu Package Archive Administrators
wrote:
> The membership status of Ubuntu Technical Board (techboard) in the team
> Ubuntu Package Archive Administrators (ubuntu-archive) was changed by
> Colin Watson (cjwatson) from Administrator to Deactivated.
> <https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-archive>

Apologies if this caused any alarm or confusion.  What happened here
was:

 * José Antonio Rey pointed out to me that it was a bit odd for
   ~ubuntu-archive to be owned by me (which was for ancient historical
   reasons) rather than being properly part of the Ubuntu governance
   structure and owned by ~techboard.  I agreed and reassigned its
   ownership to ~techboard.

 * As a result of the change of ownership, Launchpad implicitly added
   ~techboard as an Administrator to ~ubuntu-archive.

 * It seems more appropriate for ~techboard to be a non-member owner:
   that's used for cases where the owner should be able to exercise
   governance authority over the team, e.g. recovering it if all its
   admins go AWOL, but where members of the owning team aren't intended
   to be able to exercise the direct powers of the team as a matter of
   course or by accident.  I therefore removed ~techboard from
   ~ubuntu-archive's membership list again, which resulted in the email
   above.

Perhaps unfortunately, no email is sent on reassigning ownership or for
the resulting implicit membership change, so it looks like something odd
happened, but the net change is just that the owner of ~ubuntu-archive
used to be ~cjwatson and is now ~techboard.

Hope this is marginally clearer than mud now!

--
Colin Watson (he/him)                              [cjwat...@ubuntu.com]