On 18/10/10 00:12, David Edmundson wrote:
Does "Truncated" mean that the message has been split, and I'll get the rest
of the message later, or does it mean that some of the message is lost for
good?

I think it probably was meant to mean that some of the message was lost for good.

Should I show a message to the user saying "some of this message has been
truncated" ?

Probably. I don't think any existing client actually pays any attention to this flag, because...

Is there an easy way to test this happening (with a real world scenario)?

I've just grepped all the CMs and I don't see this flag used anywhere. I'm not sure what protocol it was added to the spec to support.

Thanks,
--
Will