On 12.06.2016 07:26, Mateus Bellomo wrote:
Hello,

I'm looking to implement the text message functionality (send/receive)
at resiprocate and I'm going through telepahty-morse [1] and
telepathy-nonsense [2] implementations. I saw that both created a
separated class called textchannel.

I just want to confirm: to implement the text message functionality I
should implement both [3] and [4], right?

Yes, that's correct. The Text channel has methods that are deprecated and you shouldn't implement them (no client uses them), but it's the channel type, so it needs to be present. The Messages interface is what clients use on top of the Text channel to send/receive messages. In Telepathy 1.0 this was planned to become one again, merging the Messages interface methods in the Text channel.

I also noticed that I should use some library to send a message:
telepathy-morse uses sendMessage() from CTelegramCore and
telepathy-nonsense uses sendPacket() from qxmppClient. At resiprocate,
should I use DUM method makePublication [5] (the same as Daniel told
me to use to set a user presence)?

I don't know about that, you should ask resiprocate developers.

Thanks in advance.

[1] https://github.com/TelepathyQt/telepathy-morse [1]
[2] https://github.com/TelepathyQt/telepathy-nonsense [2]
[3]