Are you a dial-up user looking for a faster connection, but don’t like 
Broadband prices? If so, you should take a look at a new service called 
OnSpeed, which has received rave reviews in Internet technology publications.
  
  What OnSpeed does is to re-route web pages and email via its own servers, 
compressing the data on the fly prior to sending it onwards to your PC. A small 
program then decompresses the data, so that you can view it in the normal way 
via your browser or email client.
  In my own dial-up tests, with a modem running at a nominal 49kb/s I appeared 
to get speeds close to that of my normal broadband connection of 598 kb/s - 
very impressive. Image quality is often reduced but the compression for this 
can be improved, though with an adverse effect on the speed of course.
  Some file types like MP3 also cannot yet be compressed. The company is 
working on these issues however and expects to find solutions soon.
  Unfortunately I was unable to use email in my tests, due to a ‘port’ conflict 
with a spam filter that I was using. The standard advice on the OnSpeed site 
for such cases is to disable the offending program. Not a constructive approach 
- to say the least - so I hope that the relevant instructions will be changed 
soon.
  More significantly, the problem persisted even when I switched off the 
OnSpeed application on my PC; in the end I had to remove the program to get the 
spam filter working again. I expect that this fault can be resolved, but 
clearly there are issues in this area that need to be addressed.
  The software is easy to install, and is available for Mac as well as Windows 
PCs. On the whole the service is surprisingly good, and a lot cheaper than 
broadband. Unlike other ’speed-up’ techniques that tweak your computer’s 
settings but result in little noticeable improvement, OnSpeed really works.
  I can recommend OnSpeed for dial-up users who can’t justify the expense of 
broadband, or who are not located close enough to a suitable exchange. OnSpeed 
is also stated to be great for mobile or PDA users, as GPRS (wireless) speeds 
can be boosted by as much as 8 times. It even helps with broadband if you can 
only get a reduced service in your area.
  My overall rating is 4/5 - very good, but the email support needs to be 
improved.
  If you want further details of OnSpeed, please visit http://www.On-Speed.net. 
There is a 14 day money-back guarantee, so you can try the service without any 
risk.
   

 __________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
http://mail.yahoo.com 

Kirim email ke