Thomas, Mark - BLS CTR wrote:
Sean T. Allen wrote:

That doesnt really take into account setting formats and all tho does it?

Sure. You do it in your build_excel() routine with SS::WE. Is there
something I'm missing?

Well what are you thinking? Perhaps I don't understand your idea.

With yours wouldnt I have to add custom xsl format tags in the output for
the template so that when it gets passed to build_excel, it can parse
again and call the appropriate format routines?

I was thinking more along the lines of being able to apply formatting information
via the template itself...

say with a plugin...

so i could do something vaguely like have the template load the proper formatting
plugin which would know how to construct a row, column, apply ( or disregard )
formatting as needed.

so a csv would bring in version of say add column/add_row that puts seps them with , and \n resp
while a xsl would call the appropriate functions in WriteExcel

csv would ignore formatting info, xsl wouldnt...

mind you i have thought this all the way through but it is my general thoughts...

begin:vcard
fn:Sean T. Allen
n:Allen;Sean T.
org:USA Herbals, LLC