We include our application version number in the template cache path, like:

 Template->new({
       ...,
       COMPILE_DIR => '/tmp/tt-cache-' . Vox->VERSION,
 });

http://www.slideshare.net/miyagawa/how-we-build-vox/36

On 5/10/07, Bill Ward <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 5/10/07, Travis Basevi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Bill Ward wrote:
> > How about an option to disable the timestamp check and unconditionally
> > do the conversion?
>
> Wouldn't that defeat the entire purpose of having a compiled cached
> version? Or am I completely confused? (The smart money is on the latter)

Only if the compiled cache is automatic ... I guess I didn't explain
what I meant very well.  What I meant was to have some way for you to
specify that the template has changed, rather than to go by timestamps
automatically.

--
Tatsuhiko Miyagawa