Is there a filter that removes the newline character that is created
by the template comments. For example, if you used the following two
files

textbox.tt
<textarea>[%PROCESS text.tt %]</textarea>

text.tt
[% ## Some type of file header ###%]
[% ## Some type of file header ###%]
[% ## Some type of file header ###%]
[% ## Some type of file header ###%]
[% ## Some type of file header ###%]
Line 1
\n blank line
[% ## Comment ###%]
Line 2
[% ## Comment ###%]

When the html is displayed Line 1 and  Line 2 are on the 6th and 9th
lines in the textarea. The comments in the template file are treated
as blank lines. I have tried the collapse filter, but it gets ride of
newline characters all together not just the ones caused by the
comments. I could write a perl program to act as a filter but I am
not sure how I can distinguish between the newlines created by the
comments and those that appear in the file. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jp