8 min down to 90 seconds sounds like a great improvement, but still, if
I had a template that takes 90 seconds to render I'd stop doing any
matters of software... :-p

It's too damn much.  No, it's horrible.  Anything more than 2 seconds is
too damn much.  TT rocks because it's extremely fast even for very
complex templates. ;-)  Your problem must be some place else.

-M.

www.dynarchlib.com - the mighty AJAX toolkit