> It is for all source appearances something that was meant to go in the
> Acme namespace and its regexes are really quite bad.

I beg to differ, it's quite useful in certain circumstances. Care to
share what "really quite bad" means specifically or are you just
blindly stating unfounded opinion as fact?

> In general, never use a regex where a parser exists. It's false
> economy and much harder to get right than spending an hour or two
> learning the interface for a good parser.

Depends on what you're using it for. If it's a complex task, sure use
a more complex module, if it's a simple task use a simple module (or a
complex module if you wish), whatever is fine :)

At the very least, a module encapsulating simple logic is still good
to use for consistency and maintenance sake.

> There is a TT2 filter recipe in HTML::Truncate's Pod too. :)

Yep, that is why I recommended initially :)