> Thanks Andy. Here is the template code:
>
> [% TRY %]
>    [% PERL %]
>       die "nothing to live for\n";
>    [% END %]
> [% CATCH %]
>    error: [% error.info %]
> [% END %]
>
> It gives me the eval_perl not set error. I tried your code (from below)
> and it also gave me the eval_perl not set error. I restarted apache
> several times, so I'm pretty sure the new files are being read.

Have you tried doing a print or creating a file in the perl file that does
template creation/config. It'd be good to verify that the code is actually
being ran/restarted.

Other than that, the only things I can think of are:
*) maybe you have apache running twice on the server and are restarting the
wrong one
*) that there is another spot in the source where changes need to be made
*) that your software is running as a third party app and needs to be restarted
separately from apache.

A way to verify that the code you are changing is actually being ran is to add
a:
$vars->{displayme} = 'FooBar'; in that vars section and then try [% displayme
%] in the template and see if it displays "FooBar".

If all that fails, maybe post your Template Toolkit version, but I don't recall
seeing any bugs ever about eval_perl not working. (Except the compilation deal
that was already mentioned once.)

-- Josh