We have a custom module to override the undefined() method in the TT
Stash module.

To do the override, we do

----------------
eval "require $Template::Config::STASH;";

sub new {
        my $this = $Template::Config::STASH->new();
        return bless $this, shift();
}
----------------

and then pass in the custom stash object when we invoke the TT
processor. This preserves Template::Config::STASH as the single place to
adjust XS/PP versions of Template::Stash.

It works fine on Linux, but on FreeBSD, it doesn't seem to override
correctly.

Has anyone else run into this, or does anyone know why FreeBSD would
behave differently from Linux in this instance?

-FG

--
Felipe Gasper
Linux/BSD development