Hi all,

I got bored of waiting for me to release TT3 so I back-ported "outline" directives to TT2. This is only on github at the moment, not yet released to CPAN.

Short example:

  %% IF a
  a is set to [% a %]
  %% ELSE
  a is not set
  %% END

Which is equivalent to:

  [% IF a -%]
  a is set to [% a %]
  [% ELSE -%]
  a is not set
  [% END -%]

Enable it by setting the TAG_STYLE option to 'outline':

  my $tt = Template->new({
      TAG_STYLE => 'outline',
  });

Or by defining your own OUTLINE_TAG string:

  my $tt = Template->new({
      OUTLINE_TAG => '%%',
  });

Or by using the TAGS directive to set the 'outline' style:

  [% TAGS outline %]

Or to set the start, end and (optional) outline tags:

See t/outline.t for tests:

  https://github.com/abw/Template2/blob/master/t/outline.t

Changes to the relevant sections of the docs are here:

https://github.com/abw/Template2/commit/5622870ba1b7c6da3720c6b6cec29c0304ef3ce9#diff-6dd5714206375d47e8c26eb0fe6980a4R60

https://github.com/abw/Template2/commit/5622870ba1b7c6da3720c6b6cec29c0304ef3ce9#diff-65cc2456a43e5577bf3ac2a18eb43ebdR60

Comments, feedback, etc., welcome. Assuming I don't hear any reports of mass breakage, I'll release this as version 2.26 in the next few days (noting that I've also got two pull requests outstanding on github that I need to look at first).

Cheers
Andy