Hi Dave,

On 24/02/16 12:44, Dave Howorth wrote:
I'm trying to define a custom vmethod but not succeeding.

I tried using the way described in the manual and also by calling define_vmethod. Both ways appear to have set up methods in the Template::Stash::SCALAR_OPS hashref but neither of them appears to work, even with a very simple body. Any clues to what I'm doing wrong gratefully received!

In the perl:

use Template::Stash;
$Template::Stash::SCALAR_OPS->{uniprot_is_obsolete} =
    sub {
        return 42;
    };

sub forty_two { return 42; }
Template::Stash->define_vmethod('scalar', 'forty_two', &forty_two);

warn join ' ', keys %$Template::Stash::SCALAR_OPS, "\n";

Those look fine - are you sure that [% representative %] is defined as a scalar rather than a hashref/arrayref/object?

Attached example test script for the two methods works for me on Template 2.26.

cheers,

Tom