I may end up doing that.  That sort of thing gets in the way of the
creative process.  Even now in TT2 I have to escape dollar signs when I
want a dollar sign.  That's another thing to fix.

I like writing in Markdown.  All the yuck in my template is in and INCLUDE
HEADER.  My basic web page has 3 directives at the top, 3 at the bottom and
the rest is markdown.  Mind you HEADER.INC is 200 lines of TT2 and there
are another pair of 200 line perl programs that do some pre-processing.

I was hoping to be able to do this by adding another FILTER to the stack.

Respectfully,

Sherwood of Sherwood's Forests