FileMaker doesn't return IDENTITY like SQL/MySQL. I used to make sure I set a
field with a value that I could find again just after insert. SELECT the
record, get the recid, and probably clear that field with an UPDATE to the
record. It's been a few years, but this method should work whether you use ODBC
or XML.

-- sent from my iPhone4 --
Beverly Voth