When testing from my local (developer) server (Terascript v 7) I get the
following error:

*The specified protocol may be unavailable. Check the event log for
additional messages.*

Of course there IS nothing useful to be found either in the event log nor
in the Terascript log.

I am trying to use the smtp.gmail.com server, and have attempted (using the
connection tab) to set up authenticated sending with my username and
password and port 465 (SSL)  - which is working for email on the very same
server.

It would also be VERY useful to know what system variables I could set up
so that connections to servers with SSL / password requirements would work
without having to use the Connections tab. (This is for portability between
development and production servers.)

*[image: Inline image 1]*