It’s likely that the API you are connecting to has disabled SSL (in favor of
TLS).

Witango 5.5 won’t use TLS due to the calls it makes to the OS.

You have a few options:

Don’t use SSL (if the API supports it)

Use a COM object like the WinHttpRequest 5.1 (This may not work on older OSes)

Install TS 7.1.3 (Free Edition) on the server and use it as a proxy.

Depending on the exact settings of the API server, it may be possible to modify
your OS to get Witango 5.5 to work. The full explanation of this possibility is
considerable. It may entail manually updating and configuring Schannel, and it
may be a long shot depending on your OS.

Robert