Just thought I would give some information about an upgrade I did this past six
months with MySQL.

I use MySQL with TeraScript 7 on Windows 2012 R2 servers setup with VMs

I upgraded MySQL from version 5.0 to 5.7. I would recommend against using 5.7
unless you are able to tweak it to match your system. Most of our queries
slowed down immensely. I did some research and many other developers were
experiencing the same problems. I then downgraded to version 5.6 and queries
were a lot faster.

I also upgraded to newer version ODBC connector and experienced a noticeable
increase in TeraScript crashes. Robert helps diagnose the problem to be some
sort of concurrency problem. He recommended trying to use JDBC.

What a life saver. The crashes basically disappeared after upgrading a few of
the most used tafs.

I would highly recommend upgrading to JDBC as a connector. It is a lot more
reliable. It also wasn't to hard to get it up and running.

Robert may have a comment(s) to add, but I am sold on JDBC.

BTW: I realize there is a MySQL version 8, but it wasn't available when I
upgraded.

Steve Fogelson
Internet Commerce Solutions