I am busy with a project to use OCR on pdf drawings (not scanned) that
doesn't have the text in pdf text fields.
Currently I am getting results, but I need to improve the results.
What typically happens something like APP- is recognized as AQQ-
The text I am intrested in is drawings numbers not normal words. The
normal words are recongized fairly well.
I typically convert the pdf's to 300dpi tiffs, upping the dpi doesn't
improve things, it worsens the results for some reason.
Should a train tesseract on a higher dpi?
The text in the pdf drawings is high quality, but the letters aren't
large.
Any ideas?

Regards
Dewald