Hei Hallur,
You can get the isl.traineddata file from subversion (SVN):
http://code.google.com/p/tesseract-ocr/source/browse/trunk/tessdata/?r=656

You can perhaps use that language file with the 3.01 version. You can
get Microsoft's free compiler and follow the recipe on the Wiki,
though it might be hard for a non-programmer (that does not make you a
dumb person :-)
--Sven

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 9:19 AM, Hallur Guðjónsson <hal...@lottobaes.com> wrote:
> Yes I read it carefully but I understood wrong at first, is there some place
> to get the 3.02 windows version of tesseract? do I have to compile it myself
> (because I'm a dumbass and don't know how to do that)
>
> Sincerely
>
> Hallur Örn
>

> On Wednesday, May 23, 2012 11:51:36 AM UTC, zdpo wrote:
>>
>> Did you read my reply carefully?
>> See also FAQ [1] (IMO line number is not important in this case).
>>

>> [1] http://code.google.com/p/tesseract-ocr/wiki/FAQ#actual_tessdata_num_entries_<=_TESSDATA_NUM_ENTRIES:Error:Ass
>>
>> --
>> Zdenko
>>
>> On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 1:19 PM, Hallur Guðjónsson <hal...@lottobaes.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Yeah I tried to run it through CMD to see what the error was, and it
>>> gives me this:
>>>
>>> actual_tessdata_num_entries_ <= TESSDATA_NUM_ENTRIES:Error:Assert
>>> failed:in file ..\ccutil\tessdatamanager.cpp, line 48
>>>
>>> The author of Subtitle Edit pointed to this website for acquiring new
>>> language packs, but I didn't find an Icelandic pack. So I googled an
>>> Icelandic language pack and found the debian one and I thought it
>>> would be the same type of document and only the program itself would
>>> differ on different platforms. I still haven't found a windows version
>>> of Icelandic, maybe it simply doesn't exist. But is there a way to
>>> convert this to a windows compatible version?

>>> --

``All that is gold does not glitter,
  not all those who wander are lost;
the old that is strong does not wither,
  deep roots are not reached by the frost.
>From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
  a light from the shadows shall spring;
renewed shall be blade that was broken,
  the crownless again shall be king.”