On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 1:44 PM, TedJ <tedj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your reply.  I was hoping that I'd be able to find a regular
> browser page with the download ZIP file option.  Could you post all the
> required login info, please?  Ugh, I never have good luck using svn
> clients.  I just tried to download 'Setup-Subversion-1.7.9.msi' for
> Windows32.  It promptly reported that it couldn't be loaded.  Can you
> recommend an svn client that actually works on Windows or as a plug-in for
> Eclipse or as a simple binary that works on the Windows command line?
>
> I've got the "undefined reference to
> `tesseract::TessBaseAPI::TessBaseAPI()'" blues too.  I'm trying to build a
> tesseract 3.02.02 c++ project in Eclipse and at the Win command line and
> that's as far as I get.  BTW, tessbaseapi.h is nowhere to be found in any
> of my 3.02.02 install (or 3.01 or tesseract-android-tools for that
> matter)..  But baseapi.h is present.  My include and library dirs are from
> "win32-lib-include-dirs" from a ZIP download.  Compiles, but linking fails
> with that error.

Have you looked at my "Using the latest Tesseract-OCR sources" page [1]
that explains how to use TortoiseSVN to get the latest sources?

"Programming with libtesseract" [2] discusses how to use libtesseract with
VS2008 but some of the information applies to any compiler. baseapi.h and
leptonica's allheaders.h are the headers you need to include.

I wrote this over a year ago but I believe most of it still applies.

You might want to look at.[3] which contains a very short tesseract sample
app (essentially the same as tesseract.exe).

---

[1]
http://tesseract-ocr.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/vs2008/doc/setup.html#using-the-latest-tesseractocr-sources

[2]