First,

thanks for this post, it's been really helpful.
Still having a problem here:

On Thursday, 27 December 2012 16:31:38 UTC+1, M.Fella wrote:

> after installing leptonica:
>

>    - make sure you ran "sudo ldconfig" after your "sudo make install"
>

>    - check which is the last Leptonica headers directory that has been
>    created and assure that contains allheaders.h
>
> ls -l $(find /usr/ -name allheaders.h|grep leptonica)
>
>    - find the library symlink which points to the installed version of
>    leptonica (there can be more than one, in different path, especially if
> you
>    previously installed one of the libleptonica package)
>
> ls -l $(find /usr/ -name liblept.so)
>
>    - Configure  and install tesseract specifying the correct leptonica
>    headers and library directory:
>
> ./autogen.sh
> CPPFLAGS="-I*HEADER_DIR*" LDFLAGS="-L*LIB_DIR*" ./configure
> (for example CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib"
> ./configure)
> sudo make install
> sudo ldconfig

After these - successful - operation, I launched tesseract getting this
error message:

error while loading shared libraries: liblept.so.3: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

If I type
ldd /usr/local/bin/tesseract
I get indeed liblept.so.3 => not found

But I didn't expect tesseract to look for that file, since I installed
leptonica 1.71 and initialised correctly LDFLAGS.

What's going on in your opinion?

f.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tesseract-ocr/e393d793-7513-4415-956e-98971a08c083%40googlegroups.com.