Is there a way to make Tesseract produce "real" xml instead of the (x)html
hOCR produces, ie. to create xml tags like <ocr_page id='page_1'
title='...'> instead of "<div class='ocr_page' id='page_1'...", <ocr_area
id='...' title='...'> instead of "<div class='ocr_carea' id='block_1_1'..."
etc.?

Or is there somewhere a "ready" something with which the (x)html hOCR
produces can be converted to a more "easily" xml parseable format, or, even
better, a something that would give me the div's, span's and p's gouped per
word, line, area and page readily insertable to a (php) array for inserting
into a database, of the data format the hOCR produces now?

Like "file_name", "page_nr", "area_id", "line_nr", "word_nr", "word bbox x1
y1 x2 y2", "the word value", for each word? I realise this means a lot of
rows (one per word in a document), but this is something I need.

I have spent some days on this, trying to find something that works on php,
but have not managed to find anything.

Regards

Kim Rönnberg

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tesseract-ocr/4e0ae287-64f8-49f4-a81c-bf4fbcb62178%40googlegroups.com.