Yes, each iteration is one line.

For eng, the langdata training text is about 80 lines and you add 15
symbols for plus minus. With 30 fonts, you will have about 2400 lines. So
in 3600 iterations, all samples will be seen and trained.

For chi_sim with larger training text it will be different.

See https://github.com/Shreeshrii/tess4training for details of training
tutorial.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tesseract-ocr/CAG2NduXJ3KQKgFqxMPDmvEqCFZizE3fsv9b79F4H3GZUV1cBMg%40mail.gmail.com.