Thanks for your comments.

So did you mean we cannot use the method to add a special character to eng
to add a special character to chi_sim? We'll have to retrain the top layer
to achieve this?

Another question is, when we use a smaller .training_text, the .unicharset
only contains a limited amount of chars. For Chinese, this unicharset is
much smaller than the unicharset in langdata_lstm (github). How do we
combine the original .traineddata with the .traineddata we generated via
fine tuning? I tried the command below but it seems it's not doing the
above thing I wanted it to do:

lstmtraining --stop_training \
  --continue_from ~/tesstutorial/eng_from_chi/base_checkpoint \
  --traineddata ~/tesstutorial/engtrain/eng/eng.traineddata \
  --model_output ~/tesstutorial/eng_from_chi/eng.traineddata

在 2019年6月19日星期三 UTC-4上午11:44:22,shree写道:

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tesseract-ocr/09479520-dd6d-4971-aeda-52ac6e7ba4f9%40googlegroups.com.