Sorry, I had the coordinate system flipped on my last post.

Here is a correct image produced by text2image and includes both FULLWIDTH
COMMA and COMMA.

For both types of comma, the boxes produced by text2image include only the
boundaries of the glyph itself and does not consider the vertical position.

I've trained using this type of ground truth but when running the OCR the latin
COMMA is always output instead of the correct FULLWIDTH COMMA. That's wrong.

If the box only surrounds the glyph exactly, then I fear that no amount of
training will enable the model to differentiate between the two types of comma.

Is there a way to tune the training process?

Or... if instead I render boxes for some special characters to extend from the
text baseline, which would then differentiate between the mid-line and baseline
commas (but still not differentiate the fonts that have both fullwidth and
normal comma on the baseline...)

Anyone have some experience with that?

Thanks
Danny