On Thu, 30 Aug 2001, Gary Benson wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've got three problems which I could resolve easily if I were able to
> call on the File::Tail package (which tails files would you believe). These
> being:
>
>  * php/func5.t fails if the log entry doesn't get written straight
>    to the disk
>  * php/func5.t will pass on the first "foo() has been called" message, so
>    we could have false passes.

i'd rather just change the test to write to its own file rather than
error_log, if we can prevent a dependency on File::Tail.

>  * TestServer::start sometimes fails on slow machines

we can increase the sleep time waiting for the server to start if that
helps.

> What I want to know is if anyone has a problem with me using this package,
> and whether or not we could add it to the httpd-test-bundle.

feel free to use any cpan module, just try not to make them requirements
for running tests (i.e. skip if module is not available).  we really need
a script to autogenerate the test-bundle.tar.gz:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl-dev&m=99764631217375&w=2