Doug MacEachern wrote:

On Fri, 23 Nov 2001, Stas Bekman wrote:

I've figured out that I have to run many times t/TEST -run
until it successfully pings the server under t/TEST -d, so I want the
polling functionality for -run too. Since now we have 3 places where the
polling happens (start/ping/run), this patch:

i like -run the way it is because it doesn't actually send any requests to the server, just uses ->ping. i've been using this for profiling for example: t/TEST -times 10 -run t/ssl/verify 2

i don't want the /index.html request included in the profile data.

i also often do:

t/TEST -d lwp -run > test.log

and don't want extra "waiting for server ..." output in the log.

and would rather not see a new -poll option.
can you make t/TEST -ping=block -run ... work for the functionality
you're after?

I didn't suggest to change how the default -run works (see the patch). I've suggested a new option -poll, which when used will poll the server till it starts. since it's the same as -ping=block for ping, I've removed the =block part.

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://ticketmaster.com http://apacheweek.com