Doug MacEachern wrote:

On Tue, 11 Dec 2001, Stas Bekman wrote:

nice.  but again, build/bugreport.pl would have to be copied for every
project that uses Apache-Test.  would be better if there was an
Apache::TestReport module and tiny generated t/REPORT script.

ok, the only problem with this specific script is that it doesn't belong to Apache::Test. It's a bug reporting tool. Hmm, bugreport in modperl doesn't use Apache::Test at all. bugreport in httpd-test/perl-framework need Apache::Test only to get the environment.

I think that once modperl gets released we want build/bugreport.pl be installed somewhere on the system and accept only bug reports that use this script. Otherwise it always takes 3 to 10 emails to get the required info from the user in trouble :(

i'm also thinking we should have:

Apache::TestRun->generate_script that can be called from Makefile.PL
that generates t/TEST rather than require each project to have a TEST.PL
same for:

Apache::TestRunPerl
Apache::TestSmoke
Apache::TestSmokePerl
Apache::TestReport

agreed, when you create t/TEST how do you know whether you should call Apache::TestRunPerl (mod_perl) or Apache::TestRun (non-modperl)? Should it be something like this:

Apache::TestRun->generate_script(t/TEST => Apache::TestRunPerl)

or should the generate_script be implemented by all these classes:

Apache::TestRunPerl
Apache::TestSmoke
Apache::TestSmokePerl
Apache::TestReport