On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 09:19:51AM -0800, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> > If it's not installed as part of APR it should be. We shouldn't have it in
> > our repository merely because we don't want to have to keep them in sync.
>
> It wouldn't make sense as part of the install as it is only needed
> to build configure.

I disagree. You can't have it both ways. If flood, an application that
depends on an already-installed version of APR, requires some autoconf
macros provided by APR then those macros must be installed by APR.

> It's not a matter of keeping them out of sync - I don't want to
> require that apr must be checked out underneath the flood tree
> (like what httpd-2.0 requires).  I think that's a bad idea and
> I don't want to further that if we don't have to.  I don't
> think it's the worst thing in the world if the versions are out
> of sync.  -- justin

I don't want to require that either, which is why I'm saying we should
be picking it up from an APR install. HTTPD uses those macros, so as
soon as APR becomes a standalone library httpd will need a way to get
the apr_common.m4 file also.

-aaron